We think that learning based on real successful experiences is highly effective and motivating, especially when it comes to teach adult learners. For this reason the second element of our training system will be a set of Case Studies gathering best practices covering the services that multifunctional sustainable farming provides and that contributes to the maintenance and improvements of EAL.
The main activities for the development of the Output 2 are:
- O2/A1. Starting from the results of the previous WP1 the partners will define the minimum criteria and parameters of the best practices that will merge in the case studies;
- O2/A2. A first questionnaire covering the minimum criteria and the professional competences of the promoters of the experiences of sustainable/multifunctional farming practices maintaining and improving EAL will be distributed by the partners in order to gather a first group of possible best practices;
- O2/A3. The filled questionnaires will be analysed by the partners and the best practices that will merge into the case studies will be selected. A total number of between 5 and 10 best practices per country, excluding Belgium, will be selected;
- O2/A4. Another questionnaire will be designed in order to deeply analyse the best practices and to gather all the needed data to edit the case studies. To gather these data the partners will personally interview the promoters of the selected experiences;
- O2/A5. The structure of the case studies will be defined by the partners and will include at least the following sections: introduction, promoter profile and competences, initiative data, previous situation, experience of sustainable/multifunctional farming practices maintaining and improving EAL, results, queries and considerations, recommended training.